Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thursday - April 2, 2009

Measured the kids today as we have done every year since we moved into this house (we moved in here July 1, 2005 and started marking the wall April 2, 2006).

Photobucket

I printed out the business cards I designed and cleaned the house, then my mother came over around 4:00 and drove me (with the kids) to the train station so I could take the train in to meet Tim. My mother stayed with the kids at our house while Tim and I skipped our cycling class so I could attend my spring meeting of the Massachusetts Production Coalition. I met up with Tim at South Station and we walked down Essex Street looking for a new restaurant to try. Tim said he'd seen a pub down a side street that he'd been wanting to try, so we went there.

As soon as we stepped through the door, we both realized it was no pub. It was a five star restaurant. Yikes! We decided to stay anyway since we really have never dined at such a place. Or at least we haven't while we've been together. ;)

I forget what the place is called (I'll have to look it up...it was something French-sounding with a "C" and an apostrophe).

Some photos of the decor. The red walls are the bathroom, which I absolutely loved:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The building appeared to be from the late 1700's - early 1800's...it was gorgeous. There were paintings on the ceilings and even better original artwork on the walls.

All of the food was outrageously good - very fresh-tasting. I accidentally ate some sort of fish with my salad...didn't think there would be fish in a Caesar salad..whoops!

I had filet mignon with a bernaise sauce, and Tim had Weiner Snitzel (I know I spelled that wrong!) and we both shared a chocolate cake for dessert..

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a glass of wine to top it all off, then we headed to Kenmore for my meeting. Got there just in time for everything to begin. There was a panel of lawyers who deal with copywrite and entertainment law and a Q&A session was held. VERY informative and helpful!!! After that a marketing firm held a presentation (Push Partners) which was also VERY informative and helpful. My mind was spinning with ideas while they were all talking. My brain was turned on that night, apparently. I took copious amounts of notes on what they were saying as well as what was running through my mind, then we headed home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got home around 11:30 and thanked my mother profusely for watching the kids that long. Can't believe she was still awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment