Dropped Noah off at school then headed to get an inspection sticker. The internet connection was down at the place I go to so they were unable to do stickers. I will try again on Friday.
Headed home to work on my screenplay a little more (deadline is looming) and finish up last minute tax preparation stuff, then headed to pick up Alana at noon. She had a half day and the release times for Noah and Alana are the same, so it's always a huge pain in my ass. I've decided to just dismiss her a little early on those days and take her with me to pick up Noah. Luckily there are only a few more months of this, then this issue goes away. I did have to miss my power lifting class due to the early release. :(
So Allie was in a lunch line when I arrived (lunch on half days? Since when?) and we carried her lunch out with her on a disposable tray.
Picked up Noah, discussed a future play date with Domenick's mom, then drove up to Weymouth. Met with my cousin Linda briefly to drop off her invitations that I printed, then we drove to my Grandma's house. Alana has been wanting to play her in Chinese Checkers, so this was her day. Grandma kicked her butt:
Then I played both of them, and I kicked their butts:
Noah played some Perfection since he had no interest in playing checkers:
Then I played Grandma twice, beating her both times by ONE move. I felt kind of bad about it. It was a very enjoyable time though, and the kids got to play with Grandma's cat, Tigger. I forgot to take a picture of Tigger.
I got a little teary-eyed for a moment thinking about Grandpa, but I got myself under control without anybody noticing. The kids played on his old wheelchair ramp on the way out:
Drove by my old stomping grounds on the way home. Man, I miss this hardware store. Really weird that I do, but I really do. The family that owns it is awesome...great service, and the place just smelled a certain way...
Once we got home, I helped Alana study for her spelling and geography tests. She also has a math test coming up, but she's got that one in the bag already. Noah had fallen asleep on the ride home from Grandma's (a rare occurrence these days), so he slept on the couch while we studied.
The roses I got from Kate on my birthday are still looking gorgeous:
After Tim arrived home from work, we packed up the kids and headed to Noah's pre-school for a parent/teacher conference. The kids played with some toys while we spoke with Miss Mary:
Noah is doing well. It was a good conference. :)
Hit up 99 Restaurant on the way home. The kids were awesome and we all enjoyed our food:
After the kids were in bed, Tim and I watched LOST. I debated several job possibilities, and then we both fell into somewhat troubled sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment