Monday, March 16, 2009

Saturday - March 14, 2009

I usually sleep late on Saturday mornings, Tim on Sunday mornings. Last night, Tim stayed up REALLY late after we finished our Scrabble game and worked on the arcade computer that my brother Randy built, as well as several other computers that have needed work for a while. I'm pretty sure he didn't sleep at all, because when I woke up at 9:30, he was fast asleep on the couch. Allie got herself some breakfast while he was sleeping, but Noah hadn't eaten - and he was outside playing in the backyard. I woke up because I heard him playing out there...so it was little scary finding Tim asleep on the couch and nobody watching Noah outside. He was only out there for maybe thirty seconds, but that wasn't fun.

Randy came by literally a minute later to pick up the computer so he could install it in the arcade frame at my sister Denise's house. Steven was with him, and he played with the kids for a little bit. The living room was trashed and still covered with computer parts:

Photobucket

I cleaned up a little and took Alana to set up her science project at the middle school. I grabbed some nomination form signatures while I was there.

I hung out at home for the afternoon while Tim slept. He slept pretty much all day, and I finally woke him up when I had to leave to go hang out with my friend Katie. I poked him (and annoyed the crap out of him) several times to make sure he was fully awake before I left the house. I resisted the urge to call and check in on him/them while I was out...

Went to get some appetizers at Uno's with Katie, we chatted about all kinds of stuff, then headed in to see the movie Watchmen.

Photobucket

It's based on a comic, which I have read, and I think they did an extraordinarily good job of bringing that comic to the screen. I was very impressed.

Went to a place called Chroma after the movie, to meet up with some of Katie's co-workers for a few minutes.
Photobucket

Everyone else got girly drinks, but I was really in the mood for a beer. The drinks looked pretty cool all lined up on the bar, but I couldn't get a shot of all of them because people wouldn't leave them along long enough...

Photobucket

Found some awesome artwork in the bathroom:

Photobucket

Got home late and Tim was sleeping. He woke up when I came into the room and said he had gotten sick while I was gone...so he got whatever I had. He and the kids had hung out and watched MacGyver while I was out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment