Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday - February 28, 2009

I was lucky enough to be able to sleep late this morning. Tim and Noah came to wake me up and ended playing a few games of rock, paper, scissors. Noah won first with paper:

Photobucket

then with scissors:

Photobucket

Took a picture of Noah for his pre-school. They want a picture of him dressed as what he wants to be when he grows up:

Photobucket

That's the best I could do on short notice.

Alana wanted to stay home and play on her computer all day, but it was a nice warm day outside and Grandpa and Grandma wanted to take the kids on a hike. I'm positive she enjoyed herself once she got out of the house.

Got a belated happy birthday phone call from my friend Andrew. He and his wife Erin are expecting their second son (already named Connor) at the end of March. Andrew asked if I would be Connor's Godmother! Yay! Now I really can't wait for the kid to be born. :)

So the kids left around 1:30 and Tim and I went to play cards with my Grandma:

Photobucket

Photobucket

We played Rummy and, for the first time ever, Tim kicked our butts!

After that, Tim and I headed first to my Grandpa's gravesite to pay a brief visit (today would have been his birthday...we always shared birthday parties) then to the British Beer Company for dinner. We waited for an hour for a table:

Photobucket

I found a cool telephone booth cabinet that I'm totally going to build for myself (minus the sucky lighting):

Photobucket

and Tim showed me one of his quirky habits while he perused his menu. When he is thinking deeply, he rubs his arms on his face:

Photobucket

The food was excellent, coffee was excellent, service was excellent. Other than the wait, it was a stellar experience. (Thanks again for the gift card, Jimmy!!)

Then it was off to home and watching The Untouchables before crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment