I had an appointment for a physical at 10am, which was good because I haven't had one for many years and I've been having chest pains and weird lung issues for a few months now.
Noah and I arrived on time, filled out a little questionnaire, then were (in a very timely manner) brought into a room. The doctor asked me some questions about the chest pains and stuff, then checked my reflexes (right knee did not want to cooperate) and checked my eyes and ears and all that good stuff. Noah was very well-behaved:
He really liked a display of the esophagus. He asked me all kinds of questions about why it showed damage on some parts. Then he asked about what an epiglottis is and I had to explain that too. This is him examining the esophagus display while we waited:
I was given an EKG and a breathing test, both of which I'm told came back fine. Blood pressure, fine. Weight, fine. Heart rate, fine. Cholesterol is being checked.
I treated Noah to McDonald's since he was so awesome during the visit to the doctor (he had a cheeseburger and apple slices with root beer), and when we got home, this was waiting on the doorstep:
Katie, John, and Joey, are the total bomb. What a way to make a girl feel super special! Thanks, guys. <3
After I put the yummy fruit arrangement in the fridge we headed out to meet up with my friend Mark for some lunch at Uno's. He lives up in New Hampshire so I don't get to see him too often. He's rocking some cool sideburns these days, so here's an obligatory photo:
He's going to kill me when he sees this on my blog, he thought that photo was just to put on his contact page in my iPhone. (It was, but since I already had it...)
Fantastic lunch, very good conversation. Hopefully I'll get to see him again soon.
Headed home to get Alana off the bus, did some homework with her, then she checked her e-mail and played on the Build A Bear-ville website.
I did some cleaning while Noah played a video game and Alana played on their computer, then I made some dinner (spaghetti and turkey meatballs) and my mother came over (with cookies!) to watch the kids while Tim and I went to our spinning class.
This spinning class went a little better than the last, but the teacher did things entirely differently. She's much more tough than the Tuesday girl. My butt HURTS.
Tim gave me a gorgeous rose that seriously is the best-smelling rose I have ever smelled:
and I got a bunch of e-mails, texts, phone calls, and facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday. I tried to respond to most of them, but I couldn't to all. I also got a fantastic message from my dad (he called while we were in the cycling class) which I'm going to put here for you to listen to once I can figure out the stupid microphone issues I'm having right now.
After the kids were in bed, Tim and I watched some Heroes on tivo and Tim gave me the best massage in the history of all time.
I put in some new earplugs (Tim snores) for the first time last night...slept like a baby. Those things are awesome. I should have invested that five dollars WAY before now.

No comments:
Post a Comment