So today (as I sit here writing this) is June 12. I'm a MONTH behind. Scary thought. I've probably forgotten a lot of details by now, so there will be some serious gaps over these next few pages, but I'll do my best. Lots of picture resizing to do...
So, Tuesday, May 12. Noah had a playdate with Domenick and Ryan. We met at Domenick's house and walked bikes down to a cemetery nearby. The day was gorgeous.
Noah ditched his bike as soon as we got inside the cemetery gates. He's more of a fan of scooters. Kid will not ride a bike, he gets bored. He walked and ran along with the other two, while us moms walked too.
He picked his lucky mom a flower. *melts*
We forced them to pose together under the biggest rhododendron I have EVER seen in my life...
and then it was decided that we would walk "just up the street" to Dairy Queen.
Just up the street took and hour and a half. One way.
Note to self: Don't start a journey at noon with three five year-olds when you know you need to be home by 2:50 to get your 8 year old off the bus.
I was wary of this idea, knowing it would take forever, but I figured worst case scenario I could throw Noah on my back and run to my truck to drive home. That's what did basically end up happening. It was still a nice walk though. Wish I could have slowed down and enjoyed it more.
Noah got a cherry dipped ice cream at DQ, which he enjoyed immensely.
They were cute on the walk home, before all out running commenced (in flip flops! And the kid weighs 55 pounds!)
So we ended up running about five minutes late even with all of the running (ha, let's see how many times I can say running in one sentence). I called my friend Katherine to ask if she'd swing by our house to hang out with Allie once Allie was off the bus. (We had hidden a key for her, but of course the kids played with it and now it's nowhere to be found.)
Swung into the driveway minutes after Katherine did and chatted with her for a few. Made some plans for Allie to ride her bike over to hang out with her son Tyler, because Allie's been looking for more freedom lately.
Tried to get Noah a haircut, but the place was closed...even though the hours said they should be open. Oh, well.
Hit up the gym for the torturous cycling class while Mammmadukes watched the kids, and that was that.

No comments:
Post a Comment